Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Patriot Act...Are We Losing Our Freedoms?...

You're walking along the sidewalk, minding your own business, when a police officer stops you. He asks to see some identification. You ask him what the problem is; what you have done wrong. He says there is nothing wrong; he's just checking things out.

You, by the way, have jet black hair, brown eyes, slender build and slightly olive colored skin. You appear to be an Arab or someone from the middle east. All of a sudden it occurs to you that the officer is racially profiling you because of your appearance and that really pisses you off.

You respond angrily, "Hell no you can't see my identification. I haven't done anything wrong and you don't have the right to hassle me without a reason!"

The officer shrinks back, surprised at the venomous tone of your voice. "I'm sorry," he says, "I didn't mean to offend you." You turn and stomp away, leaving a very chastised police officer behind you.

On down the street a ways is a shopping mall. That's where you were headed when the prick of an officer stopped you. You walk inside the crowded mall, still muttering about the bigoted police officer. "What an asshole," you say loud enough for twenty or thirty people to hear.

Someone in a large group asks,"What happened?" You walk over to him and say,"A cop stopped me and tried to make me show my identification." A man asks, "What did you say?"

"I told him I didn't have to; this is a free country!" you answer. The man laughs! "Way to go!"he says.

You add, "I should have said, 'Allah is great,'" and you push a button on a remote in your pocket that is wired to six ounces of plastic explosives inside your shirt and blow up and kill twenty six people, including yourself.

That'll teach those stupid officials to mess with our constitutional right of free speech and whatever else we MUST keep to stay FREE!..-ummm...-er...or is that,'ALIVE'?

Oh, well; what the hell..-Nothing means nothing anyhow if we lose any of our freedoms and we're gonna keep ALL of our freedoms, even if it kills us!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home