Thursday, May 29, 2008

People Are So Stupid, It Makes Me Want To Puke!...

Think I'm over-reacting? Get a load of this:

"Gas prices hurt but tax holiday no solution: poll..."

"...gasoline prices as a serious problem for their families..."

"...57 percent of respondents said they were cutting back on household spending because of high gas prices; 61 percent were driving less and 39 percent had changed summer vacation plans."

Now get a load of this;

"Republican McCain and Democrat Clinton proposed suspending the tax of 18.4 cents per gallon on gasoline and 24.4 cents on diesel fuel for the summer."

"However, those surveyed consider a summer gas tax "holiday" a bad idea by 49 percent to 41 percent."

The majority of people polled agree they won't spend as much money on groceries or anything else and they won't drive nearly as much as usual;i.e.;

They'll give up family visits,

Taking vacations,

Taking retarded children to special schools,

Rushing to emergency rooms with life threatening injuries,

Picking up kids from schools that are in high crime areas,

Responding to calls from elderly parents who have fallen and broken bones and are immobilized,

Enjoying leisurely drives along the ocean (or mountains- or deserts) or anything else that takes gasoline consumption!

They're gonna give up everything that is pleasurable, necessary and life saving; that protects their families because they cannot afford to drive their vehicles because gasoline is priced too high but they do not want a price reduction!

The other major candidate, Democrat Barack Obama, dismissed the idea as a gimmick.

How about Senator Obama!?- the muslim..-er..Christian..-or whatever he is? He thinks saving money for the working tax payer is a "gimmick"...

I'm not surprised!

Excuse me; I really gotta go and puke! This stupidity is revolting, to say the least and dangerous to say the most!

'gagg..uuh..bluuuck..pppplluuupppllp..'

O K, I chucked it up. Now excuse me while I read some more news about stupid Americans...but, first, I need to eat some more so I won't have the dry heaves!

Later...

4 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

I guess I'm one of those stupid Americans that don't think a tax holiday would be of any benefit. I believe that because I'm a cynical person that thinks the gas stations would not voluntarily pass that savings on to consumers.

I believe McCain and Hillary are just pandering to voters. Besides it has been stated that the federal tax is 15% per/gal. If diesel is $5.00 per/gal, would not the tax be more like 75cents per/gal?

1:20 PM  
Blogger J C said...

They'd have to pass it on because they couldn't figure it as profit and keep it. Otherwise, Uncle Sam would kick ass.
Excuse me again...OK, I'm back,-again.

Fed on diesel is 24.4 cents per gallon. Gas: 18.4, etc.
http://www.sddot.com/geninfo_fuel.asp

Please, no more. My tummy is getting sore from up-chucking!

7:20 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

I stand corrected. I understand from what I've heard on the radio that the total state, city and fed tax amounts to around 15%.

So if I fill up my 12 gallon tank on the Toyota I would save $2.21. I would save $7.32 on the diesel. Now that's not bad. If I drive 500 miles, I can save $15.00. Thank you very much Mr.McCain and Mrs.Clinton.

Now when I drive to the market to pay for the higher prices for food and other essentials, I can count my blessings for their largess.

They are still pandering to the voters dumb enough to believe them.

Hope your stomach gets better.

5:23 PM  
Blogger J C said...

It's starting to feel a bit better. Thanks.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home