Wednesday, March 28, 2007

James Dobson...Foot in Mouth...

It seems Dr James Dobson, the leader of Focus On the Family, a man I greatly admire for his work, has pretty well succeeded in puting his foot in his mouth. He made a remark saying he does not think Fred Thompson is a Christian.

Sorry, Doctor, Senator is certainly a Christian.

"Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Thompson, took issue with Dobson's characterization of the former Tennessee senator. "Thompson is indeed a Christian," he said. "He was baptized into the Church of Christ."

Whether or not the Senator is a Christian may not be important to some but to people like me who are Christians, it means a lot. We know Christians are honest, fair and honorable people.

I called the Focus on the Family web page today and told the people there in no uncertain terms that I thought Dr. Dobson had used very poor judgment in making such an unstantiated remark about Senator Thompson! They were polite and courteous to me and thanked me for my call and insured me they would make Dr. Dobson aware of my call.

Now it's up to Dr. Dobson to issue a statement admitting he was wrong.

For me, Senator Thompson is the right man for us Republicans. The more I check on him and his voting record, the more impressed I am with him.

All of you who agree, let's get behind him so we can get a really good man in the office of President of the United States!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home